Saturday, July 18, 2009

Photo(s) of the Day.

This is very personal. I have had my share of hard times, as I'm sure everyone does. I am solitary type of person, so photography and I complement each other. Photography is a very personal, and solo type of outlet. You are your worst critic and your biggest fan, it's almost mandatory. Self-portraiture doesn't equal to narcissism for everyone. For me, it's about release. It's about exuding something that is fighting to get out, or in my case, cave in.  Some people write, some people exercise, some people dance, and some people take pictures of themselves (or all of the above). 

This was a series that I did when everything around me felt like a heavy weight. I had no other choice but to curl up and hide from the storm. 

That time changed me forever. I am stronger now that I survived it. 















(These aren't meant to be inappropriate in any way, so please, view them appropriately.)

2 comments:

  1. i had seen bits and pieces of this in your photostreams - it's really powerful to see it all together... at the risk of sounding condescending, i am so proud of you... of all that you stand for, of all that you have and will accomplish... proud to be your friend.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are my absolute favorite. They belong in a museum.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive