Thursday, July 30, 2009

Studio FM.

Today I finished editing all of the photos from the Martinez Women's Street Center/Studio FM pin-hole workshop. They are developed and ready to be delivered. While there was a total of 45 cameras made, few visible images could be printed. The camera is very stubborn, and since its made by hand, attention to detail is essential. But thats not the point. 45 girls now know how to make their own pin-hole camera. They all constructed them, and thats enough to make me happy.

I get to go by tomorrow and drop off what I have for them, I am so excited to see their reaction. I was notified that I have a "special juice box article in the newspaper." Studio FM produces a newspaper done by the girls involved in the program.  I have a tendency to get emotional at times, I hope I don't cry when I see it, I've been known to do so, haha. 

Here are a few of the images that the girls produced, I think they are beautiful, just like the girls that made them:


If you look close enough you can see what seems to be a telephone pole in the upper left corner.


Can you see her neck and shoulder?

The side of the building, do you see it? Two corners meet near the middle.

My imagination wonders when I look at this. It has served its purpose.

This is ones my favorites..


I didn't want those whose film was especially stubborn, and I wasn't able to develop a print for, to walk away empty handed. I made these for them:
I really hope I get to work with them again in the near future, I'm crossing my fingers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive