Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Kissy Kamikaze Kicks ass.

My flash pointing up at the stage lights created a milky light on her.



When I was in NY I went to a spot to hear Punk/Garage/Hardcore band Kissy Kamikaze. I new even before hearing them that I was going to be enamored by them. I play Rollerderby, and the lady above (SUZY HOTROD), playing guitar, is one of Rollerderby's best players (Gotham Girls Rollerderby), and on top that she's a badass guitar player, and singer, and she does it all in NYC. The stage was totally cool, and they energized the crowd better than any band I have seen in a very long time. AND I love the lead singers name, "Tibbie X." 

I am a huge advocate of strong females. In fact my blog is seriously lacking in female representation, patriarchy,ugh. 

Everything about Kissy Kamikaze stole my heart, they're a great band. They represent so much, hopefully some time soon I will be able to make it to their shows on a frequent basis...


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I may have forgotten to tell you that Suzy is a photographer, too!

    check out her work here:

    http://www.jeanphotos.com/portraits/

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive