Friday, July 3, 2009

Photo of The Day

This self-portrait was taken with my home made pin-hole juice box camera. 
Yes, you can make a camera out of a juice box, and yes it takes a photo!  But practice makes perfect. I have made multiple cameras, I am experimenting , and trying to figure out the best light source. The first few I made we used outside, so the light was very bright and a lot of the images came out blown-out, and over-exposed, but that could probably have been remedied with closing the "shutter" much sooner (or a slower film speed). This was taken in my bed-room underneath a small lamp. Probably kept the shutter open about 2-3 seconds. 400 iso (film speed which determines its sensitivity to light, the higher the ISO the less light you need to create an image). The rough edges are actually the edges of the home-made lens. The lens is made by taking a small piece of aluminum (soda can) and pushing a very small hole through it with a pin needle. Voila!  You have yourself a lens. So the black rough edging your see bordering the photo is actually the edges of the hole made in the aluminum with the needle.

The fact that you can see that makes me all giddy on the inside.  I <3> photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive