Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Martinez Street Woman's Center Studio FM.

Last Wednesday I did a pinhole workshop at the Martinez Street Woman's Center for the awesome young ladies of Studio FM. I was thoroughly impressed with every single lady I meet there. If you have ever worked with a group of young adults, you understand what a big job it is to keep them interested, keep them from bickering, keep them on schedule, give each and every one the individual attention they require, and keep your head at the same time (plus more).  There were about 45 young ladies making the camera, and I couldn't have done it without the help from the mentors of the center. 

It was thrilling to stand in front them and teach them about photography. They couldn't believe that they were gonna make a camera and actually be able to take a photo with it. 

Every single make girl made a camera, they all took pictures, and I am working on the conclusion of the workshop. 

It was stressful, but I enjoyed every single moment of it, and I enjoyed the company of those strong women and young ladies most of all. 

I would love to continue working with them, and I really look forward to seeing them again. They would call me over and ask me questions, all kinds of questions, stuff not even pertaining to the camera, and I had some very interesting conversation. I probably learned more that day, than they did. They are bright, beautiful, and full of life....they are gonna lead this world some day. It was an honor to work with them... Visit them here.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive