Thursday, July 2, 2009

Photo of the day.

I love Lowriders.  The Lowrider festival happens once a year in San Anto, and I have photographed it for the past 3 years. Some of my personal favorites come from those sets of images.  
I'm working on a project with everything I have complied and hope to make it the basis of a show, my first show.  whoa. 

When I was younger one of the highlights of my day would be when I heard the thumping of my neighbors mini-truck coming down the street. A parade of low-riders and sound shaking up a boring suburban subdivision. I devised a plan to meet said neighbor, just to see the cars up close. It worked, silly boy.

Once, a not so aware classmate (in a feminist philosophy class of all places) made a derogatory comment about lowrider culture. I think what I said to him caused him to really question what he thought to be valid. Or at least scared him into never sitting next to me again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive