Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Viva La Revolucion.

San Anto Cultural Arts' has an amazing oral history project. It's rooted in video, while the subject is interviewed by one of the students, our videographer films. I document the process through fotos. Last week we interviewed and recorded a Brown Beret from the southside of San Anto, born and raised. He warmly invited us into his cozy home, we had cupcakes (because it was his birthday), he explained to us that he was very sick, and he may leave this world soon...and he left us with his one wish. His story was inspiring, and his knowledge and advice, invaluable. The oral history project is a biography of a people that are rarely recognized in the history books. For multiple reasons they are overlooked, but we know better than to forget these important individuals, because within them, is our history as well. This man, and his coalition, although they had never meet me before, fought the system for me, and my family, and my friends, and the people I love..

"Education and knowledge is your weapon."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers