Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ledaswan.

I recently photographed the band Ledaswan, and I had a great time. I never know what to expect when I photograph musicians, so I try to not project or formulate how I will capture them until I get there, meet them, and get a feel of the band. I think if you go into it already knowing what you are going to do, how your gonna pose them, etc., your not really capturing them, there is some artificiality to it, that is sometimes communicated through the photos. I'd like to stay away from that.

I took many fotos of the band, but after a while I really wanted to take some images that reflected what it felt like to be in their practice space. It was small, cozy, and LOUD. I was encircled by a 5 piece band jamming their hearts out, and every part of my body was vibrating. Not because I was dancing, although it would have been awesome to chill and really enjoy the sound, to get lost in their dreamy music would have been a great. I felt every single drum beat, every string from the guitar as if it had originated in me, and was shaking around and rhythmatically beating my insides.

I wanted to make some images the reflected the movement and vibration, something that really portrayed what it felt like to be in close quarters, to be invited in, with them. So I adjusted my settings, and these are the results:
















Thank you to Ledaswan for having me..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers