Monday, February 8, 2010

First Female Lead Fotographer

2010 will be the year of San Anto Cultural Arts' 3rd annual summer foto project. This year I am the project's FIRST FEMALE LEAD FOTOGRAPHER (yeah, I think that's pretty cool, too). Doope.

This means I am responsible for completely constructing the workshop, which is 5 days long and last for about 5-6 hours a day. In the end the groups work will be put on display in a show of their very own.

This year is a year of firsts for the workshop. Not only am I the FIRST FEMALE LEAD FOTOGRAPHER, but this year the students will have their show in real gallery space, and I say that because in the past their shows have been in spaces that weren't solely for art. They will visit photography studios for the first time, and they will work with a combination of sound and photography to produce multimedia works that are sure to be the bomb. This year instead of focusing on the community they come from, their work will centered on the individual photographer.
This is gonna be deep....

A week long workshop may seem like lots of time, which leaves my head swarming and overflowing with multiple topics and assignments. The reality of working and teaching 15-25 students (our group goal) fotography, makes a weeks time not nearly enough.

For the past 2 years I was the additional photographer, I was the assistant to the lead. I know exactly what to expect, and above all I know what sort of amazing and beautiful images the group will produce. The workshop will take place in June, and their show will be in July. I'm already preparing, because every detail needs to be checked, so that these students walk away with a positive, educational, and inspirational experience. Every year we have worked with a group of diverse young adults, that walk away with their head held high, and some cash flow in their pocket after their foto has sold.

We intend to blow some minds. So mark July 10th 2010 on your calendars for:
SAN ANTO CULTURAL ARTS' 2010 SUMMER FOTO PROJECT: Producing San Anto's sure to be lead fotographers.


(Daniela teaching a nino how to focus)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers