Thursday, February 18, 2010

Circa 2002.

I follow the blogs of the MFA students that attend the photography school I want to go to. The school actually keeps a blog where the students post their assignments for the world to see and critique. I could get lost in that blog for days, it's already happened.

One of the assignments they did was to make a list of 50 things "you never do," when taking a photograph. You pick 5 of those things, and you do them.

I think it's genius, on so may levels. For the upcoming show I have decided to shoot with film. I'm gonna step out of my digital comfort zone and challenge myself. I have become too comfortable with my digital camera. It's time to take a different direction.

I spent some time scanning in some old negatives. In 2002 I took my first (and only) photography class, I had just purchased a Nikon Fm10 (completely manual film camera), and I was in love with it. It's the same camera I will use to shoot for the show in March.

Back in the day...

(that's me)












No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers