Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Oh, snap.


One of the projects I have in the making is a wheat paste workshop and throw up (not as in regurgitating but as in [in this case, legally, since this project is for the ninas/os] putting a fancy piece on the wall, and makin' the building look all "urban" fancy.) I truly appreciate the public attempts at beautifying the community through public work, for everyone, done by anyone. Let me clarify that I don't appreciate tags and graff that make my neighborhood look deprecating and immature. We are going to be working with fotographs, taken by the participants.

BOOYA: SAN ANTO CULTURAL ARTS' 2010 WHEAT PASTE THROW UP.

I'm putting together the workshop, and my fellow Chicana Colectiva members are assisting in running and documenting the process. It gives the young participants a sense of art outside of white walls. Art that reflects them and their community, put on display indiscriminately.


This is the building that we will be beautifying with fotographs.

Don't know what wheat pasting is? ----> READ ME

STAY TUNED FOR DETAILS! on all upcoming projects. Including: San Anto's 2010 Summer Foto Project, San Anto's poetry and foto night with Krazy Vatos, La Colective collaborations with inner city schools, y La Colectiva in L.A....yes, as in Los Angeles.


Paz!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers