Sunday, October 18, 2009

Light.


Marisa.

With just a slight change in lighting and reflection, the entire image is affected. Light has some crazy abilities, to enhance, to distort, to rearrange. Without it, the medium wouldn't exist. I think a good photographer must have the ability manipulate light, natural or unnatural, to build it and assist it's direction with tools.

I enjoy constructing images without professional environments. I haven't worked within a studio too often, but the experience leaves me feeling dry.

This photo session was done in my front yard. I had a homemade reflector, a foam core background ( I bought at Walgreens), and my camera. We used eye shadow mixed with water for her make-up, and nothing else. She has a natural beauty that doesn't require assistance.

I can't figure out which one I like more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers