Monday, October 12, 2009

My trunk!


POP YO TRUNK! was such a great success. It was so much fun, and the atmosphere of creativity was warm and inspiring. Guadalupe street was pulsating that night, it was amazing. Something special is happening within this community, I feel it.

My trunk consisted of homemade pin-hole cameras, mini-photos, and mini-photo mobiles. Each pinhole camera I made by hand, with lots of love. Each was very special, came with an instruction sheet and was packaged with stuff I scraped up in the kitchen.

The mini-photos are my photographs printed on shrinkable plastic. Just like shrinky dinks! You print them on the paper, cut them, put them in the oven and they shrink into cute litttle fotos. I then arranged them (each with a theme) and made little mobiles. They go great on your rearview mirror, or in your room, anywhere! My fingers still make from bending the wire, and I think the fumes from baking plastic put me in momentary daze, but it was all worth it! They were a huge success, I sold almost everything , at a very reasonable "gente price."

I also had free standing mini-fotos of stuff like Mexican candy, The Missions, and Bboys. It was so much fun and I'm already thinking of all kinds of crazy things to make.

I want to make a big shout out to the organizers of Noche De La Gloria, and Monessa and Jimmy for organizing POP YO TRUNK! What an amazing night....

Here are some fotos of my little "CHUTTER" trunk:











No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers