Sunday, September 27, 2009

And now I can exhale.



I have been waiting for weeks to photograph this staircase. It appeared one day, and rested on its side for months. It instantly caught my eye. It was almost too easy, I wondered if everyone around me saw what I did. It's majestic, and up close its grandeur is suffocating. It clogs the air with an aged, proud authority.

I would ride by it, drive by it. One day it appeared upright...I waited for weeks for the perfect moment, when the uninvited chaos of its home had left, when it wasn't raining, when the street was empty.

It is so obviously out of its element. It's funny how objects take on life. It's difficult to explain. But once again I have become attached to something I photographed. I want to go back and see it, climb to the top and chill. I dread the day when it leaves.

I wonder what it's story is.







1 comment:

  1. I love the last one, a lonely staircase in the middle of the field.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete

Followers