Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My first show.


My first photography is in 4 days. I am so nervous, at any moment, if I relied heavily on the thoughts of my show to occupy my time, I'm likely to vomit, or freak myself out. The latter being more preferable. So, I'm confronting the anticipation how I normally do with stressful events. I think of it, as a not so big of a deal. In someways its a huge step for me, and in others its just another step towards a bigger goal. I'm excited about seeing my friends in one place. I'm excited about seeing my photos large scale on a wall. I'm excited about the how the Euclid house has the opportunity to become something great for the community....and for now, I'd like to concentrate on that excitement to get me to Saturday.

The series I am showing it one that I am so familiar with, that I thought about not showing it. But for all the right reasons, it's the concentration of my first show. It is one of the first set of images I started manipulating when I got my camera. The subjects are beautiful.

I remember once in class, a guy I was debating with about the term Chicano said that Lowriders
where a negative aspect, that they represented bad things. I made it very clear to him that he couldn't be more wrong, and that I thought opposite of his standpoint. There is nothing more beautiful to me than taking a piece of your culture and representing it in a creative, beautiful way.

In the end, I'm really just the middle woman. The subjects of my photos are really what this show is about.

I decided to stick with Chutter as a show title because the meaning behind the word has roots in culture, it has roots in me.

1 comment:

Followers