Saturday, September 12, 2009

Tonight is my show.


Tonight is my first photography show. I did it. With the help of some great people my photos are on the wall and the word is out. The theory of DIY is alive and contagious within my community. It's inspiring and effective. If we transfered the idea of DIY to every aspect of our lives, we would be such a proud (we already are, so prouder), accomplished people, leading every single aspect of our lives.

There is nothing to wait on, nowhere that you need to fit in, it may never be the right time, just to do it yourself, DIY.

I have such an amazing amount of support, that I'm a little taken back by it. I have such great friends, I reside within such an inspiring and creative community that my idea of success is defined by my ability to give back to it. To show how they inspire me.

I come from a proud culture, we owe it to ourselves to take what makes us, and show the world how beautiful it is, to squash misconceptions. We must build ourselves up with the knowledge that we are intelligent and capable, because sometimes we are told that we're not. But that's a lie.

I can't wait to see all my beautiful friends, to meet new ones, and to come together as a solid affirmed community in one space appreciating the creativity inspired by our culture.


I did it....


p.s. I painted that on the wall. 5 minutes in I was skeptical...2 hours later, I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers