Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Happy.


The reality of dreams sometimes hit at the most unexpected moments. I have been really stressed out lately, but handling it pretty well. I realize that if I want to reach some big goals, I have to push myself really hard, harder than ever before, harder than I know how at times. I get wrapped up in the chaos, the confusion, and the uneven path of highs and lows. I have always been one to stack my plate high and create an atmosphere of to do's, deadlines, and plans of here and now, and some for later. Thats normal for me, any other way just doesn't work.

You always expect the party to keep on going, to live in an eternal moment of bliss, and we strive for that. But thats not realistic. We expect to enjoy glory all the time.

all men aspire to be immortal
far their ambition they will do anything
but where are those famous persons in history now?
they lay in grassy graves..

Is happiness contingent? and if so-maybe I should slow done, and take the time to realize my happiness.

I found out last week the we're having another show. I say "we're" because the show is a result of my first pinhole workshop. The photos that will be on display are those taken by the participants from San Anto Cultural Arts'.

When I first designed the workshop I thought about how the perfect end would be a display of the kids photography. I wished for it, and entertained the thought for a long while. I have gotten so busy with other things that I had let go of pursuing the idea. Thanks to Christina (from San Anto) we now have a cool space, all the photos have been printed and mounted, I'm working on an artist statement....and right now I feel like crying out of joy...

It's crazy how things fall into place, how when you least expect it, or when your wrapped up in busy...true happiness pops in, softly taps you on the shoulder, and it's like "Hey, remember me, I know you have been too busy to really spend time with me, and I know sometimes you feel like I'm not here, or maybe that I have abandoned you. But rest assure my friend, I am here. I am always here, I just wait till your mind is free so I can spend time with you."

Thank you Christina, and Thank you Happiness.


This was taken by one of the kids from San Anto, at San Anto. This is me taking the time to be happy....




:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers