Friday, August 14, 2009

The Castillos.


Today I had the honor of photographing Rafaela and Manuel D. Castillo for San Anto's annual Huevos Rancheros Gala. San Anto Cultural Arts has a yearly fundraiser that involves a huevos rancheros breakfast, art auction, and the crowning of a King and Queen Huevo. This year we are honoring Manuel D. Castillo Jr., our late executive director as King Huevo, and his mother Rafaela as Queen. This is the second year I have photographed the king and queen. I really wanted to make the photo perfect, to honor them. I also wanted them to be as comfortable as possible.

A professional setting just wouldn't have fit. I made best use of available lighting and background. You always have ideas of what the perfect image might amount too, but rarely does it happen. Sometimes you get something even better, or maybe not as good. Photographing people in a controlled setting is difficult-it suffices to an artificial aroma.
And I believe that photographing artificially numbs an image-it detracts from original content, or idea.

I really hope the photos came out okay, I have yet to edit all of them. It was truly an honor to photograph The Castillos. I hope Manny would have like the images.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers