Thursday, September 23, 2010

Why fight it.


On June 25th 2009 I wrote my first blog, and I used this space as a chronicle of accomplishments (and setbacks as well). A year and some months later I hope that it will serve it's purpose once again. I set a few goals for myself, and Im proud to say that I lived up to them, plus some.

Here I am again, with ideas and goals in mind. I have no choice but to take the plunge, I allow myself to follow the signs, and trust me. The once far fetched anticipation of photography school still hovers close. My love for photography, and working with youth is a definite fact. I must face it, I have to keep going and take the next step. What's hard to face down is the nagging pull of security. It's hard to fight myself, when the tendency to settle and give in seems like the best thing to do. How do I conjure that youthful indifference to complacency that fueled me for so long. It's been a while since I needed to do that.

I'm working on my plan, I'm pulling at my resources, and I'm gonna go for it (once again).

The first thing I need is a name. A name for my photography program for youth. A program that will be free to participants, one where they will each have a camera to use and computers and programs to learn and work with. It's time to build my rig of equipment. Here is my most recent addition, a Beseler enlarger:



Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Nice enlarger! I was super pumped when I bought my enlarger a year ago and I thought I was going to be doing all these bad ass prints by now, but its just been sitting in the garage since, hah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you courage to jump my friend. It's scarey and awful and might make your tummy hurt some days, but jumping into the unknown is a feel like no other when you finally land.

    ReplyDelete

Followers