Friday, September 24, 2010

The plan.

The idea of putting together a permanent mobile (youth) photography program that I can take wherever I would like has been in the making for a while. Based off of my experiences working with youth and facilitating photography workshops I have compiled my needs. The plan is basic, and I have a few goals that I intend to meet while I work through the details of planning the program/curriculum.

I need $5,000 ::crickets::

It's a good thing I am half optimist, because I feel confident in reaching my goal. I know how I will attain funds.

Q: What's the $5,000 for?
A: O, I'm so glad you asked. It's to purchase 15 digital cameras and 2 laptop computers.

Q: Who will use this rig of very nice equipment?
A: The Nin@s!

Q: What is the name of your program?
A: That's a hard one, I have been brainstorming. I've spent many hours on rhymezone searching for words that rhyme with Photo, but to no avail. It will come to me..

Q: Where will you conduct workshops?
A: In the hood, at community centers, at arts organizations, apartment buildings, at the park, in the schools, at museums.

Q: How are you gonna raise all this money, mija?
A: For now I have some merchandise in the making. I have my eye on this nice little artist grant. Kind donors and supporters of youth in the arts.

Q: Do you think this can really happen? Do you think you can make a program, attain equipment, and empower youth through photography?
A: No doubt.


It's on.


6 comments:

  1. That's such an awesome program your starting, kids need art! Especially youth in crappy situations and hoods can use art as an outlet to get out of what's going on around them. Good luck with getting this program going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about accion? http://www.accion.org/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a list of Arts & Culture funders... start googling "grant-writing tips"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what about:
    "Through-the-Lens"
    "Future in Focus"
    "Aperture to the Future"
    "Leading through Lenses"
    "Click!"

    OK, I looked through a photography glossary of terms and the following terms would be good to play with or could also make good "double entendres":

    "Viewfinder"
    "Double Exposure"
    "Re-Focus"
    "High Contrast"
    "Luminosity"
    "Dimension"
    http://www.photographytips.com/page.cfm/1589

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, thanks Megan! These are all a great starting place, I need to check out that glossary of terms. XOXOXO

    Thank you thank you @ Garza.

    ReplyDelete

Followers