Friday, September 24, 2010

No doubt.

You may have reservations about donating your money to help me reach my goal of $5,000. A kid with a camera? You may think what's the big deal? I can assure you, to educate is to motivate. To teach a skill gives an individual assurance and purpose. To provide opportunity where there is a lack of, is to empower the powerless.

Over the summer one of my jobs was to be the lead photographer for San Anto Cultural Arts photo week. I have folders full of photographs that the kids took. I think it's time to share them. Here are just a few of the snapshots they took with disposable cameras. They were each given a camera at the beginning of the week and told to tell the audience a story of their lives through photographs. Here are a few of the results:














These photographs were taken by students between the ages of 8 and 15 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers