Friday, March 26, 2010

Protection.

While our entire exhibit was a collaborative effort my individual pieces resided within the "interior" of our installation. These images evolved from a parade of thoughts revolving around protection, responsibility, culture, machismo, home, and family. I have never photographed perros, or any animal for that matter, in a controlled setting. I walk away knowing I'm not the one leading the shoot, they are. I became overly patient, and tolerant of doggie slobber and hair. In the end I have decided to expand the series because I enjoyed the process, as well as the company.

A lot of the time people attain animals for protection, they act like an alarm, like burglar bars, a warning tethered to a tree, or caged by a fence. We sometimes fail to do our job, to hold up our end of the bargain. The images of religious iconography act as a form of protection over these, and for all, perros. The fotos were printed 24 X 36 and mounted to the wall.

Mallory

Máquina

Marley

Uki

Ralph

1 comment:

  1. My favs are Ralph and Mallory! Love that the angel is touching Ralph.

    ReplyDelete

Followers